The Marketing and Communications Specialist will support all aspects of marketing for the Women’s Business Council – Southwest (WBCS) but have specific ownership of social media, the eNewsletter, prospecting activities for women-owned businesses, the creation of marketing content, and online advertising. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in a marketing related position and must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while demonstrating a keen sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion. To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.
- Prospect generation through in-person events, the website form, and monthly prospect webinar
- Create a social media plan and act as the primary liaison between WBCS and social media vendor
- Execute all in-house website updates, edits, and creation while refining user experience
- Compose and send monthly e-newsletter
- Create marketing content for the blog, case studies, social media, and online advertising campaigns
- Develop, maintain, and refine retention tools for members including the online toolkit, website additions, and Spend and Done Deals programs
- Collaborate with the Programs Department for event-specific marketing initiatives
- Act as primary liaison between WBCS and website vendor
- Create, refine, and execute monthly prospect webinar
- Assist in the development and execution of the comprehensive marketing, branding, and PR strategic plan
- Tracking of marketing metrics to assess and evaluate our overall initiatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Education and Background Experience
- 1-2 years experience in a position(s) with comparable responsibilities
- College degree in related field
- Extremely resourceful and can work independently on projects while effectively managing available resources (people, time, and budget)
- Knowledge of basic HTML and social media platforms
- Program management
- Strategic thinker
- Must have outgoing, energetic personality and professional demeanor
- Enjoy working with and talking to people
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate personal computer proficiency in a variety of standard office programs
Preferred Education and Background Experience
- 3-5 years office experience in a position(s) with comparable responsibilities
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization
- Business development experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with volunteers
Equipment and Systems/Programs Utilized
Personal computers with Microsoft Windows operating systems; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher; FileMaker Pro; Adobe Acrobat; Drupal, Mail Chimp, ActiveCampaign, Internet access programs; printers; copiers; fax machines; and other similar equipment and programs.
Specialized/Technical Skills Required
Intermediate personal computer skills and Internet access capabilities. Knowledgeable in HTML.
Physical Requirements of Position
Sitting and operating a personal computer and telephone for extended periods of time; occasionally standing and walking throughout the day to operate other office equipment; occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds in transporting materials to events, and trade fairs setups; ability to get to outside WBCS and other meetings and events, both locally and out of state by automobile and airline travel. Estimated annual travel within the region 15-20 percent
Salary range, based on experience.
Must pass background check for criminal, credit, and DMV history.