The Marketing and Grants Director reports to the president and CEO and is responsible for creating the marketing strategy and managing all CNM marketing and grant activities that engage nonprofits, corporations, foundations and other key stakeholders in the mission of CNM.
• Develop and execute the annual engagement plan based on analysis of internal and external data including stakeholder feedback, market trends, community needs, and social priorities of nonprofits, corporations and foundations
• Manage all financial aspects of the CNM engagement plan including the annual budget, weekly forecast and pipeline reports, and grant and corporate sponsorship pipeline
• Increase awareness of CNM through marketing and brand development that communicates our services and value proposition
• Manage CNM’s grant program including writing all letters of intent and grant proposals, and follow-up reports as required by foundations and corporate funders (note: pursuit of individual donors is not a requirement of this position)
• Provide grant research, writing and review services to CNM clients who retain us for this work
• Develop and produce creative and compelling content to promote CNM in all communications including digital marketing, flyers, annual report and website
• Maintain and manage media relationships to secure coverage for CNM news
• Plan and execute all CNM events with focus on A Night of Light
• Manage CNM Membership program
• Other duties as assigned or required
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of communications and marketing experience in the social or private sector; nonprofit industry preferred. Requirements include: an undergraduate degree (marketing or communications degree preferred); outstanding creative writing and oral communication skills (AP Style knowledge preferred); demonstrated creativity, strategic thinking and problem solving skills; strong business know-how especially financial aptitude and the ability to research and analyze market and customer data; media relations background with experience pitching reporters and obtaining coverage along with advanced understanding of social media, monitoring and reporting; and proficient with a wide range of technology including SalesForce, MailChimp e-mail marketing software, WordPress, Adobe CS, Survey Monkey, etc.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.