OPEN POSITION (Full-Time)
Recovery Resource Council a 60 year old non profit is seeking a full-time Master Level Licensed Counselor (Veterans Programs) to provide evidenced-based counseling interventions to military veterans and their family members.
The ideal candidate would provide evidenced-based counseling interventions to military veterans and their family members with mental and/or behavioral health issues such as coping with PTSD, depression, anxiety, stress, personal or family crisis, substance abuse issues and/or other issues to help them reconnect as a family and improve their quality of life and overall functioning. Works with referred clients to develop individualized treatment plans which may include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Systems Family Therapy, Seeking Safety, Trauma Informed Care, Referral to Higher Level of Care, and Family Support Services such as Parenting and Marriage Seminars. Develops individualized counseling plans to specifically target the unique needs of veterans and their family members.
The selected candidate would have the following competencies
- Military experience or knowledge of military cultural competence
- Ability to work one-on-one and independently
- Skill in formulating participant service plans and counseling/recovery goals and objectives
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Knowledge of military culture and/or experience working with veterans
- Knowledge and experience working with the following treatment levels: individual, couples, family, and youth
- Knowledge of family issues with chemical dependency
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of resources for mental health
- Knowledge of 12-step groups and how they work
- Strong communication skills including ability to deliver presentations to a group
- Must have basic computer skills and word processing experience, knowledge of spreadsheet programs desirable
May require working extended hours and some evenings and weekends, as needed. Travel may include overnight.
Interested parties should email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.