Founded in 1980 by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking. MADD has helped to save more than 350,000 lives, reduce drunk driving deaths by 53 percent and educate parents and teens on making safe choices. MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® calls for law enforcement support, ignition interlocks for all offenders, advanced vehicle technology and designating a non-drinking driver. MADD has provided supportive services to nearly one million drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge through local victim advocates and the 24-Hour Victim Help Line 1-877 MADD-HELP. Visit www.madd.org or call 1-877-ASK-MADD.
The MADD North Texas Affiliate 75062 office is currently seeking candidates for the part time (25 hours per week) position of Office Administrator 008-18.
Date required: ASAP
Responsible for assisting the State or Affiliate Executive Director with the regular administration of the office including correspondence, travel, scheduling, maintenance, facilities management, disbursements, file maintenance, office support and special projects. Assist other staff members with projects on an as needed basis.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain reception area to insure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally. Direct visitors and callers to the appropriate party within the office in a professional and discrete manner. Efficiently administer large volumes of information and incoming calls and ensure calls are redirected accordingly.
2. Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, special event planning, conferences, record keeping, contract processes and departmental activities.
3. Analyze office processes and procedures and provide conclusions/recommendations for solutions of administrative problems in order to improve work flow, simplify reporting procedures and/or implement cost reductions.
4. Handle confidential and non-routine information. Type and design general correspondence, memos, charts, presentations. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
5. May maintain all record keeping on federal and state grants including filing reimbursement reports, analyzing expenses, and provide/produce reports and statistical information as requested.
6. Maintain database of membership, victims and/or donors.
7. Order, receive, stock and distribute office supplies and/or equipment purchases under the direction of the State or Affiliate ED.
8. Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services. Ensure all regular mail is received, opened, distributed and sent out on a daily basis.
9. Responsible for the facility’s day to day operations (such as recycling, changing light bulbs etc.). Act as a liaison with office supply vendors, office machine vendors, and building management. Schedule repairs and deliveries as required.
10. Receive and analyze bills and invoices for discrepancies. Accurately prepare requests for checks subject to management approval. If applicable, process deposits with the bank. Submit appropriate financial paperwork to the National Office, ensuring that the process for submission is efficient and all deadlines are met.
11. Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. One to five years of previous work experience in an administrative capacity or business environment.
3. Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
4. Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
5. Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
6. Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
7. Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
8. Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
9. Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
10. Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
11. Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
12. Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
13. Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
14. Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Interested Candidates should forward resumes to the following email address: Ron.email@example.com
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.