Southwestern Medical Foundation, a leading non-profit foundation committed to advancing the important cause of academic medicine, research and medical education, is currently seeking an Office Manager/Executive Administrative Assistant. In addition to providing office management and administrative support, this individual will serve as an ambassador to the Foundation, with a demonstrated commitment to maintaining the Foundation’s positive image.
Southwestern Medical Foundation is an established, award-winning nonprofit that enjoys a stellar reputation for the impact they have made in medical research and education for over 75 years. This position represents an opportunity to contribute to the work of an organization that is changing lives for the better all over the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Office Duties:
- Provides high-level administrative support to foundation team, which requires subject matter expertise in areas like: superb customer service, impeccable attention to detail, collaboration, independent thinking, creativity, sound judgment/critical thinking, a “what else can I do” mentality, intelligence and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Supports primarily the Director of Donor Relations and Director of Communications and Project Management in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of donor centric initiatives, project management, event logistics and miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Assists with writing and editing letters, emails and other forms of correspondence.
- Produces and runs complex reports as needed.
- Assists with donation processing and database record maintenance.
- Provides administrative details and routine issues independently and takes responsibility for completing tasks on time and with high quality.
- Manages busy calendars, coordinates meetings and conference room scheduling and ensuring incoming calls are handled with strategic care to guide callers in connecting with best internal or external experts.
- Updates and ensures accuracy of contact information, mailing lists, and other records for donors, the Board and other constituents.
- Responsible for updating internal and departmental calendars.
- Provides assistance with mass mailings and/or emails.
- Demonstrates a true commitment and passion for the Foundation’s mission.
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding non-public matters.
- Uses keen sense of anticipation in order to remain two steps ahead of leadership needs.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with donors, Board members, and other constituents.
- Partners with each department lead to understand how to support their needs.
- Provides general office management duties such as supplies orders, filing, and greeting guests at the front desk.
- Superb administrative practices supporting multiple executives.
- Ideal candidate will be professional, dependable, and proactive.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe (desired) and Microsoft Office Suite (required), including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. For PowerPoint, ideal candidate must possess skills and ability to develop comprehensive and professional presentations.
- Superb verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to write professional documents and correspondence.
- Excellent time management skills and a sense of urgency – especially with deadlines.
- Proven experience with heavy calendaring and ability to manage and support several busy schedules.
- Experience with meeting coordination and event planning.
- Absolute attention to detail, even while managing multiple tasks at any one time.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a commitment to quality.
- Maintain a “What else can I do?” mentality.
- Possess an intellectual curiosity and thirst for knowledge.
- Must possess strong initiative, anticipation and be an innovative thinker.
- Focus on continuous improvement, always thinking of ideas to improve processes and procedures.
- Ability to project a professional company image through in-person and phone interactions.
Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of administrative experience supporting 3 or more executives at a time. Bachelor's degree required. Experience in nonprofit organization preferred.
No agency or third-party candidates will be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, including your salary history, in a Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.