SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF POSITION
Work is performed under supervision of the Director of Development with demand for independent judgment. This position will assist with:
- Crafting messages, proofing and final editing of documents
- Annual/Corporate/et al. direct mail and e-marketing projects
- Planning, implementing and managing large scale fundraising events, including development materials and recruitment of volunteers and sponsors
- Auxiliary development
- Adopt-A-Center program
- Grant proposals process
- Donor stewardship
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with Director of Development, Volunteer Manager, Marketing Coordinator, CEO/President, VP of Marketing and Community Outreach, Board members, and community volunteers, including high-level foundation and corporate executives and community donors
- Assist with execution of the CCG individual and corporate campaign fundraising projects
- Assist with planning and implementing CCG fundraising and/or community events, including but not limited to:
- Board, Staff, and Committee meetings
- Special events and media relation events
- Volunteer and community fairs
- United Way speaking engagements
- Research various corporate grant opportunities suitable for the organization
- Maintain accurate grant calendar systems to meet all deadlines
- Maintain donor data
- Assist with developing and implementing new CCG Auxiliary group
- Assist with crafting and editing messages and documents
- Advocate for CCG at various community events
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events required
- Perform other duties necessary for smooth and efficient operations
Education: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Excellent editorial and writing skills (please provide a writing sample)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Committed to a high standard of quality with attention to details
- Effective and professional interaction with internal and external customers, including volunteers, donors, vendors and all levels of staff
- Experience in Microsoft/Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Other desired skills:
- Experience in Sage Fundraising 50 (Paradigm) software
- Experience in Microsoft/Office Suite, including Publisher and/or Adobe In-Design; Adobe Contribute and/or Dreamweaver; and Adobe Acrobat. Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop. knowledge of HTML
- Experience in desktop publishing, administrative support, fundraising, and community volunteering
- Local travel may be required; must have valid Texas driver license and access to reliable transportation with driving record acceptable to CCG’s automobile insurance carrier and be able to provide proof of liability insurance coverage.
- Mileage reimbursement is provided for required travel
Supervision Received – position reports to the VP of Philanthropy and Communications
Supervision Given: None
Physical Demands /Work environment
Physical: Work requires normal physical effort with any lifting restricted to items weighing less than 25 pounds; visual attention; manual dexterity/coordination.
Cognitive/Mental: Ability to produce content/copy and accurately edit documents; focus; have attention to details; coordinate and manage numerous tasks simultaneously; prioritize and meet deadlines; maintain positive attitude and ability cope with stressful situations and the public.
Environment: Comfortable work environment with pleasant atmosphere.
Dress Code: Business casual attire. Extremely casual attire, revealing or very tight fitting clothing of any kind, is not to be worn in the workplace during business hours or at CCG events.
Contacts: Position may have contact with a variety of internal and external customers, including but not limited to volunteers, funders, community organizations, CCG Board Members, parents, providers, media personnel, vendors, and all levels of staff.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company polices and to act as a role model in adherence to policies.
Computer, Server, fax, scanner and all office equipment
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT : www.childcaregroup.org