Dallas Challenge is hiring three Prevention Specialists. Two to work in Hunt and Rockwall County and one to work in Dallas County. Bilingual (English/Spanish) required for Dallas County.
Job Summary: The Prevention Specialist is responsible for providing prevention and intervention services to youth and their families in the community. The Prevention Specialist has the primary responsibility of delivering the specified curriculum in fidelity, meeting monthly, quarterly and annual outcome measurements and outputs (as required by the State of Texas contract(s), and recruiting and maintaining positive partnership sites and relationships (both new and established) in order to deliver program curriculum, presentations and alternative activities with youth and adults.
- Deliver designated curriculum and coordinates program services with targeted sites.
- Facilitate the initial screening of participants
- Conduct prevention educational training, presentations, alternative activities, and presentations to schools, places of worship and alternative sites in the community in accordance with the assigned Statement of Work
- Monitor progress of program participants; when appropriate, report changes to school or community site staff and to the Program Director – Prevention Services. Make referrals to other programs as needed
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of the designated/assigned Statement of Work and the Outcome Measures required by the assigned contract
- Submit required program information and reports by the deadline(s) for the development of monthly reports or other reports/deliverables as required by Dallas Challenge and relevant contracts. Complete documentation (both agency and documentation required by the Statement of Work) accurately and in accordance with the established system of record-keeping and reporting
- Participate in training about and maintain knowledge of the six Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) strategies and the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) and actively incorporate these strategies in work plans and service delivery;
- Participate in quality assurance and continuous improvement activities
- Serve as a program liaison for referrals with other area agencies
- Serve as community coalition or collaboration members and/or attend those meetings to represent Dallas Challenge as assigned
- Adherence to the Prevention Code of Ethics and to Dallas Challenge Code of Ethics
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Program Director – Prevention Services
Bachelors degree or five (5) years experience in the social/community service field. Candidate must be an Associate Prevention Specialist (APS) (in the State of Texas) or eligible to become an APS within 20 months of employment or sooner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to deliver designated curriculum
- Ability to work effectively with youth, adults, families and seniors
- Ability to complete multiple tasks
- Demonstrated history of cultural competence in a variety of settings
- Ability to be organized, meet deadlines and set, prioritize and achieve goals
- Ability to accurately document participant’s progress and complete other reports
- Ability to work in cooperation with community providers, school authorities, the criminal justice community, and other stakeholders to promote prevention and well-being of participants
- Ability to work frequent evenings and occasional weekends
- Commitment to professional growth and continued education in the prevention field
- Ability to travel out of town for training, on occasion
- Bilingual (Spanish) required for some Prevention Specialist positions
Dependent upon the contract to which the Prevention Specialist is assigned and the community served, assignments may range from Dallas County, Hunt County and Rockwall Counties and may be subject to change in the future depending upon future funding.
Job descriptions do not constitute a contract of employment. Job descriptions are not all inclusive of every duty. Assignments, duties and schedules may change periodically to meet the goals and outcome measurements contracts and the needs of Dallas Challenge, Inc.
Interested individuals can email their resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org