Position Announcement for Program Manager
The National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation (NAPEEF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that was created in 2002 to support the needs of the membership of the National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity (NAPE). NAPE is a membership-based consortium of state and local education and workforce development agencies, corporations, and national organizations. NAPE and the Foundation share a common mission: to build educators’ capacity to implement effective solutions for increasing student access, educational equity, and workforce diversity. This mission is met by collaborating with stakeholders in education, particularly in career and technical education and workforce development, to build the capacity of teachers, administrators, parents, and employers to implement effective solutions to increase student access, educational equity, and ultimately workforce diversity through its four lines of business: professional development/professional learning (PD/PL), technical assistance, research, and public policy.
The Program Manager controls logistics management for NAPE’s suite of PD/PL programs and is responsible for general sales, implementation and fulfillment of contracts and grants, customer management, and technology development and efficiency management of related processes. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs and works closely with other Program Managers and the Director of Professional Learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee implementation of standard operating procedures for program management of prospective clients, and hired contracts and grants.
- Monitor implementation of program management processes for efficiency gaps, identify opportunities for improvement, and lead refinement efforts towards optimization.
- Improve and develop new systems to increase efficiency and automation of program management tasks.
- Secure, negotiate, and write proposals that lead to revenue generating contracts.
- Support the growth and management of the NAPE Network of Equity Instructors. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring consultants for PD contracts, writing contract amendments, verifying invoices, participating in meetings and activities, and tracking consultant engagements and progress in certification.
- Supervise and track the completion of all contracts and grant deliverables for clients, consultants, and staff.
- Identify, develop, and nurture client and consultant relationships – responsible for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) maintenance.
- Develop and maintain accurate written documentation for scheduling, timelines, program outcomes, reporting, and processes for contracts and grants.
- Work with other program managers and project coordinators to implement standard operating procedures for the program management process.
- Participate in developing NAPE and NAPEEF’s growth strategy.
- Support the development of events as needed to ensure grant, contract, and organizational success.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the National Summit for Educational Equity annual conference.
Qualifications & Skillsets
- A bachelor’s degree in project management, applied business, information technology, or related field.
- Preferred experience: 2 years of working in a project management role, sales and customer management, and working with education and/or workforce development systems.
- Demonstrated program management skills for complex projects; PMP Certification ideal.
- Demonstrated understanding of equity and diversity issues and experience working with programs designed to address educational equity and social justice.
- Software: Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, Access and Project. Experience working with responsive web design tools such as WordPress, survey and form tools such as Google Forms and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Expertise using cloud-based productivity systems such as Basecamp, Highrise, DocuSign, Google Drive/Docs, Microsoft Share Point and Dropbox.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with an exceptional professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently with strong initiative to solve problems autonomously. The candidate is a self-starter, creative, and is an expert in the use of technology to facilitate remote communication.
- Experience developing and negotiating contracts, especially with state/local agencies, and educational institutions.
- Ability to lead/motivate others and work with a diverse team.
- Working knowledge of education, including data and accountability for career and technical education
- Demonstrated experience and success at telecommuting.
Special Required Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to travel infrequently for a few days at a time, such as quarterly visits to the national office, and in April for the annual National Summit for Educational Equity.
- If not located near the national office in Gap, PA, then employee may telecommute from a home office. Travel to the national office as requested by the Chief Executive Officer will be required with travel being reimbursed based on the telecommuting policy.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
For more information, and for application submission, contact Ben Williams, PhD, Vice President of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org, 614-596-5730.
Required for consideration:
- Submit a letter of interest that includes a summary of qualifications related to the responsibilities, desirable background, and skills.
- Submit a resume including a list of three references knowledgeable about your qualifications.
- Mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Deadline for applications: April 23, 2018, or until the position is filled. Start date: Immediately upon hiring
Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in its employment or other practices against persons on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a disabled, Viet Nam era or more recent military action veteran. Persons from those groups protected by federal and/or state or local nondiscrimination statutes are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information go to https://www.napequity.org/nape-content/uploads/NAPE_Program_Manager_Opening_v3_3-27-18_ml.pdf