The Council on Alcohol & Drugs is seeking a qualified person to serve as a Regional Resources Evaluator. This position works with the Director of Prevention Services and program staff to ensure that services are delivered in a consumer friendly manner in accordance with the Health and Human Services Commission’s (HHSC) Statement of Work. This position is responsible for facilitating and maximizing regional data collection and data dissemination, developing an annual Regional Needs Assessment, and nurturing relationships that will facilitate the goals within the agency.
- Develop data collection strategies and activities, develop and conduct surveys, organize and carry out focus groups, and analyze data.
- Create written and oral reports and databases for the central data repository.
- Develop a Regional Needs Assessment (RNA) that complies specifically with the funder’s Statement of Work. Facilitate its posting on agency’s website and publicize/disseminate broadly.
- Evaluate data and report all information by deadlines.
- Verify that all reports, surveys, and focus group results reconcile to and are backed up by appropriate documentation.
- Build new local data collection methods such as surveys, key informant interviews and focus groups to determine substance use trends.
- Engage local community partners to collaborate in obtaining data that will assist in the development of the RNA.
- Represent the Council professionally on prevention-related coalitions and networking groups.
- Facilitate, organize, and document epidemiological workgroup meetings conducted with community stakeholders and focused on data collection efforts.
- Ensure written survey and data collection tools are culturally appropriate and meet educational literacy levels.
- Communicate with Statewide Evaluator(s) to develop a Data Collection Plan, process and revise the plan based on recommendations.
- Assist with preparation of prevention program grant proposals and renewals.
- Regularly contribute material for the agency web site, social media platforms and newsletter
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree in social and behavioral sciences or a bachelor’s degree and five or more years of experience in social research or program evaluation.
- Experience and/or coursework in statistics, research methods, and program evaluation.
- Experience in tobacco, alcohol, drug prevention and/or community health. (preferred)
- Experience making presentations and facilitating meetings.
- Develop written and oral reports summarizing data collection and evaluation.
- Proficiency with all modules of Microsoft Office Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional and other applicable software packages.
- Internet research and presentation skills.
- Personal vehicle with applicable Texas insurance is required.
Annual salary range: $39,000-$50,000 plus mileage reimbursement and benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to reference ‘Regional Resources Evaluator’ in the subject line.