Our Client, Southwestern Medical Foundation, is seeking an officer level candidate for its Corporate Secretary and Director of Gift and Fund Administration. This individual will serve as a key leader for the Foundation helping take the Foundation’s mission forward. Key priorities include gift & fund oversight and administration, and Corporate Secretary responsibilities. Key partnerships include internal and external audiences including Board relationships and interaction. Significant experience in management of gift records, gift processing, and gift decisioning is required.
Southwestern Medical Foundation is a leading, established public charitable corporation with oversight and management of more than 1,000 donor funds. It was the original health care corporation for the Southwestern US formed in 1939. This position brings an opportunity to help provide fiduciary oversight and help lead the work of an organization that is making a significant and growing impact in giving the gift of better health.
Our client has attracted a team of exceptional individuals whose daily efforts contribute to the overall success of the Foundation. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to understand and demonstrate the following Foundation standards, which are the basis upon which the Foundation is built:
Service to Community
- Demonstrating unwavering care for the enterprise through service in all daily interactions.
- Engaging in team collaboration and leadership in serving our Foundation and community.
Worthy Vision of Excellence
- Exhibiting a commitment to excellence that builds on the Foundation’s extraordinary legacy.
- Contributing insights and best efforts to maximize the Foundation’s impact.
- Acting with responsibility, tact and diplomacy; displaying awareness of how our daily efforts connect to our bigger purpose and goals.
- Planting seeds for strong, lasting relationships in each of our interactions.
Fact-Based Decisions and Best Outcomes
- Engaging in process-centered thinking and mindful decision-making to ensure performance that meets highest industry standards.
- Embracing fact-based, collaborative decisions to ensure the success of the Foundation for the future.
This role requires critical thinking skills to oversee gift and fund administration and make key, detailed decisions to assess donor intent and properly steward donor gifts. This individual will possess skills in leadership, teamwork, and sound judgement, in order to oversee a team and interact successfully with direct reports, peers and Trustees. Similiarly, this person will become an expert in the history of Foundation friends and donors, and help to further develop electronic file histories and capabilities. The ideal candidate will bring dynamic strategic-thinking skills to the Foundation, helping to analyze current processes and develop innovative solutions using best practices and newly-acquired technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Director of Gift and Fund Administration (50%):
- Advanced experience in leading team in Raiser’s Edge best practice and strategic data management.
- Partners with Director of Donor Relations in stewardship strategy and implementation.
- Subject matter expert for the Foundation with close partnership with CEO and leadership team.
- Partners with Communications in stewardship correspondence and creation of Raiser’s Edge templates.
Corporate Secretary (50%):
- Leads logistical arrangements for Board and Board Committee meetings.
- Leads and manages all responsibilities of Corporate Secretary, to include among other things, logistics and materials for Annual Meeting and Executive, Investment, Audit, Nominating, Risk, Personnel, Scholarship and other meetings as required.
- Previous experience successfully leading teams.
- Ideal candidate is a proactive and polished professional who demonstrates the standards of service, excellence, stewardship and decision-making for which the Foundation is well-known.
- A proven track record implementing stewardship best practices from an operational perspective.
- Experience in successful dealings with Board members and donors.
- Experience in gift processing and complex fund decisioning required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge required.
- Superb verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to write and proof professional documents and correspondence.
- Excellent time management skills; track record in managing teams to deadlines.
- Experience in meeting coordination and organization.
- Attention to detail; ability to train, delegate, and multi-task.
- Exceptional organizational skills and commitment to quality process.
- Maintains a “What else can I do?” mentality.
- Possesses an intellectual curiosity to help lead continuous improvement and best practice.
- Demonstrates strong initiative, anticipation, and innovative thinking.
- Projects a highly-professional demeanor and approach both internally and externally.
Ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of gift and fund administration, donor stewardship, and/or development experience, with proven interest and experience in administrative and operational aspects. Corporate Secretary experience is preferred. Certificate in Non-Profit Administration is preferred. Bachelor's degree is required.
No agency or third-party candidates will be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.