The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society North Texas Chapter is seeking an experienced, energetic and creative Manager/Director of Special Events. The ideal candidate will lead and grow three Special Event Fundraising campaigns including the annual St. Valentine’s Day Fashion Show and Luncheon, Big D Climb and Links Fore Leukemia Golf Tournament representing $1.2M+ in revenue.
As a key member of the Chapter, the Special Events Manager/Director will work with community leaders, volunteers, corporate entities and local staff to successfully achieve and exceed revenue goals, while increasing the awareness of the LLS mission. The candidate must be comfortable managing staff, working closely with key volunteers, committees, donors, sponsors and partners to ensure goals are met while maintaining professionalism and the high level of integrity of LLS.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of active fundraising experience developing, planning and implementing Special Events (ideally high end events like luncheons or dinners, golf tournaments and physical challenge events)
- Ability to communicate the fundraising vision and implement with strong strategic and tactical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with key volunteers and donors in a productive fashion
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills – understands concept of two ears and one mouth
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and is detail oriented
- Ability to serve as a front leader and a behind-the-scenes player as the situation, relationship and environment dictate
Please submit a letter containing your salary requirements and resume. Persons without the minimum years of direct fundraising experience need not apply.