Jubilee Park & Community Center seeks a part time Specialized Student Support Program Coordinator. This position will oversee all aspects of the program including planning, creating and revising programs; developing policies and guidelines; hiring and training staff; and supervising program activities under the direction of the Program Delivery Manager.
The Specialized Student Support Program Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
Program Planning (in conjunction with the Program Delivery Manager)
- Plan the delivery of the program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Ensure that long-term goals and objectives are achieved for the successful outcome of the program
- Ensure compliance with all local and Federal laws and regulations relating to students referred to the Specialized Student Support Program
- Integrate new developments, research findings and best practice into the program as well as new initiatives
Program Management (in conjunction with the Program Delivery Manager)
- Oversee and manage students in the inclusive and specialized settings
- Ensure program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and comply with all relevant professional standards
- Tracking of outcomes for all programs with the Quality Assurance Manager
- In consultation with the Program Delivery Manager, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Oversee special education inventory of equipment and materials
Lead the programs (in conjunction with the Program Delivery Manager)
- Coordinate with the Program Delivery Manager to increase effectiveness and efficiency of all programs
- Effectively communicate to parents and guardians of the special education process including process for referrals, evaluations and re-evaluations
- Work with parents in sharing IEP goals and advocate or attend meetings with parents/guardians as needed or requested. Advocate for parents and students with outside agencies and resources
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to manage risk.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Program Delivery Manager and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Lead and participate in parent interviews/orientation
- BS degree required and certification in Special Education preferred
- Have 2 or more years of successful classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting as a special education teacher. 2 or more years of teaching experience is preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Proficient in the use of computers, office equipment and office applications
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and partner effectively with a diverse group of colleagues, parents, families, and community members
- Be committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population
- Be committed to their own learning
- Have excellent time-management skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently
- Adhere to a high level of professional and ethical standards and have a track record of being a team player and community minded
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of instructional strategies for students with autism, developmental delay, specific learning disabilities, and behavior disorders.
Please submit resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.