The Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for all financial matters of the organization, Information Technology, and facilities management.
The CFO will report to and work closely with the President and CEO. In addition, the CFO will partner with the senior leadership and the board of directors to develop and implement financial strategies across the organization. The CFO will oversee all compliance and recognition for government (federal and state) contracts and private grants. The CFO must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing the entire finance department and staff.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 10-12 years of broad finance experience, ideally beginning in audit, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. The candidate will ideally have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) for a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources including government (federal and state) contracts and an affiliate structure with diverse program areas delivered nationally.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (No Sponsorship)
- At least 10-12 years of broad finance experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $10 million
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the
development and implementation of creative financial management strategies
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Office of Management and Budget Circular A133 audit
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages
- Technology savvy with advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software and MS Office
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
- Experience successfully managing a team preferred.
- Must have an MBA or a Master-level degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA strongly preferred
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent leadership, team building, interpersonal and time management skills
- A high energy, results-oriented leader and must be a self-starter with little supervision required
- An individual with the utmost professional and personal integrity
- Outstanding collaboration skills through effective communication
- Business savvy with the ability to engage, influence, access risk, issues and priorities
- Personal values consistent with United Way mission
For additional information about this position, or to apply, click here.