Job Summary: The Children’s Teacher provides guidance and instruction to middle & high school-aged children in a therapeutic and traditional academic learning environment in the afterschool, evening, and all-day summer programs. Teachers also administer educational and social assessments. Develop and implement behavior and management tools for the program. Individual will be responsible for administering their children’s educational and social assessments. Collaborate with staff through sharing of ideas and solutions in order to develop and implement classroom behavior and management tools for the program.
Summary of essential job functions
• Oversee all instructional aspects of the classroom as the teacher for one of our age groups.
• Prepare daily instructional plans and secure resources for daily classroom functions.
• Practice firm behavioral management techniques.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Be willing to work some Saturdays when special events are scheduled.
• Be available late afternoons and evenings for regularly scheduled hours.
• Teacher Certification and/or two or more years of teaching experience – Special Education credential(preferred or related credentials) including experience working with children ADD, ADHD, ODD
• Previous experience with at-risk children (preferred)
• Emphasis in service learning, and enhance student growth
• Experience with academic IEP evaluations.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Physically fit and able to lift 50+ lbs.
• Must supervise and/or participate in outdoor activities with children, including swimming, camps, games, etc.
Hours: 25 hours & 40 hour during Summer
Salary: $14 - $16 DOE
If you meet these requirements and love working with children, please email your resume to CRoss5600@yahoo.com