The Agency - Our Friends Place:
Since 1985, Our Friends Place (OFP) has been dedicated to providing a foundation for girls and young women to build from adversity by learning a self-reliant approach to their own development. Our vision is to break the generational cycles of abuse, neglect, poverty, and homelessness.
OFP’s focus is assisting young women ages 18-24. Our core program is our Transitional Living Center (TLC) program, a supportive shared apartment-living program. OFP’s TLC, which opened in 1992, was the first TLC program in the North Texas region specifically for single young women. In 2011, our TLC program received the Excellence in Social Innovation Award from the Center of Nonprofit Management, for programs under a one million dollar budget.
We also provide a non-residential skills based program called SOAR.
The Position – TLC Live In Site Manager:
The TLC Site Manager will report to the Program Director.
The TLC Site Manager is responsible for the implementation of all aspects of their TLC site. It is the responsibility of the TLC Site Manager to ensure that the agency meets or exceeds standards set by OFP policies and procedures and contract entities.
- Live on-site, in your own apartment/office space, and ensure safety of clients and the facility.
- Coordinate and oversee development and implementation of the TLC program.
- Assist with client referrals, assessments, admissions, and discharges.
- Conduct a minimum of weekly individual case management and educational group meetings with clients.
- Maintain client records including education/vocational, job, program fees and savings.
- Network with other agencies and referral sources in our community.
- Complete monthly program reports.
- Supervision of TLC volunteers.
- Must be a highly energetic professional that has a passion for increasing the status of young women.
- Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in a related field.
- Direct experience working with adolescent girls and young women, preferably in a twenty-four hour residential setting.
- Trauma informed case manager experience preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers is preferred.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Computer software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively engage clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certifications in First Aid and CPR.
- On-site apartment/office space
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Vacation and sick time
For more information about Our Friends Place, please visit OurFriendsPlace.org.
Please send resume with salary requirements to Melanie.Meijering@OurFriendsPlace.org.
No phone calls please.