VNA Texas is looking for a VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR in our Meals On Wheels (MOW) program. The Coordinator is responsible for managing and recruiting volunteers for both regular meal delivery, and Days of Caring. This is a full-time job with great benefits. VNA Texas has been in business as a non-profit for over 80 years in the Dallas Metro Area. Come join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Serves as liaison between volunteers and MOW intake staff to identify and address client issues for appropriate and timely resolution. 2. Manage multiple tasks effectively, set priorities, maintain an organized, productive schedule and meet established deadlines. 3. Works with Managing Director, MOW to set, achieve and sustain volunteer performance goals. 4. Anticipates and manages efficient daily meal delivery, including selection and preparation of Day of Caring routes, and maintaining a pool of volunteer drivers adequate to cover route vacancies.5. Works collaboratively with MOW Volunteer Scheduling Specialist to ensure that changes to volunteer records and schedules are up to date to ensure coverage of delivery routes. 6. Works with Managing Director, MOW to evaluate size, sequence, and timing of all routes. 7. Engages in public speaking and community outreach to encourage growth of volunteer population through recruitment of new volunteers.8. Provides training for new volunteers, both individuals and groups. 9. Serves as liaison for meal distribution points. 10. Trains and coordinates volunteers in effective utilization of online volunteer platform.
- Participates in special volunteer activities including Days of Caring, Pet Care, Teen Board, March For Meals, holiday meal delivery and volunteer appreciation activities.
- Coordinates engagement of youth service groups (ex – Jesuit, NCL, YMSL) through assignment of delivery routes and other opportunities to serve
- Provides support for MOW Group Coordinator meetings and volunteer appreciation events.
- Coordinates annual delivery temperature documentation project.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 – 3 years of direct work with volunteers at a coordinator or supervisory level.
- Certification in Volunteer Administration (CVA) accreditation preferred; willingness to obtain accreditation.
- Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer community resources.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License required
- Proof of valid Texas Automobile Liability Insurance required, as listed individual.
- Demonstrates the characteristics of courtesy, honesty and integrity necessary to meet customer service expectations.
- Previous volunteer experience, preferably in healthcare or non-profit environment.
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office programs, Raiser’s Edge preferred. Experience in volunteer management software systems a plus.
including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, Paid holidays and time off, plus more
Interested candidates please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.