Background - Founded in 1938 and consistently recognized as a top nonprofit organization in the Dallas Texas area, the SPCA of Texas is the leading animal wellbeing agency in North Texas. The SPCA of Texas is dedicated to providing every animal exceptional care and a loving home. With its headquarters in Dallas, two shelters and three spay/neuter clinics located in Dallas and McKinney, the SPCA of Texas serves as an active resource center providing an array of programs and services that bring people and animals together to enrich each other’s lives.
Reports to – Special Events Manager
- Actively recruits volunteers for Development and Special Events by using Raisers Edge, Volunteer Hub/Volgistics queries, phone calls and emails to fill requested shifts
- Provides Volunteer Onboarding for special event volunteers
- Works alongside volunteers at special event functions to ensure they are trained and confident in their role.
- Works with Development team, Volunteer Director and Animal Welfare teams to ensure all changes in policies and procedures are communicated to volunteers
- Input and maintain special event and development volunteer data and hours in Raisers Edge and Volunteer Hub/Volgistics
- Conducts volunteer evaluations and periodic surveys related to special events and shares with Development team and Volunteer Director
- Conducts “inactivation” prevention – follow up on special event and development shift “no-shows” and periods of inactivity to reduce volunteer turnover
- Works with Development and Animal Welfare on planning and implementing corporate group volunteer engagement activities, to include animal handling
- Solicits staff “Good Egg” comments from volunteers
- Works with Special Events team for all special event fundraisers, including the four major signature events (Fur Ball, Paws Cause, Strut Your Mutt, Home for the Holidays), to accompanying patron parties, committee meetings, 3rd party and similar events
- Assist with special event logistics, mailings and communications
- Provide administrative support to Special Events Manager as needed
- Assist the Development Department in fundraising campaigns
- Maintain confidentiality of volunteer/staff development and performance and personal information
The below statements represent the Major responsibilities this position will be held accountable for:
- Posting of Development and special event volunteer needs and filling those positions.
- Maintains and updates volunteer databases, Raisers Edge and Voligistics/Volunteer Hub.
- Meet special event fundraising goals.
- Must demonstrate the Core Values of the SPCA of Texas on and off the job.
- Volunteer relations, fundraising and special event experience
- College degree preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Set and meet deadlines
- Work autonomously and perform well under pressure
- Detail-oriented and resourceful
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining energy through often-times repetitive tasks
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Ability to handle animals safely and with patience and gentleness.
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to changes in programs, policies and procedures.
Required professional licensing or certifications:
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
The SPCA of Texas offers a competitive salary, a fun-filled work environment and strong corporate benefits package including a 100% paid health care premium for the employee.