CNM’s Organizational Assessment is an innovative online tool for your organization to easily assess its progress and highlight areas for growth.
The Assessment assists nonprofit Staff and Boards of Directors in assessing the organization's current level of maturity and performance against Best Practices for Nonprofits in 14 key areas.
Project Desired Outcomes:
- The Organization will have a clear understanding of its current environment and operations through an organizational assessment.
- The Board will have a customized Performance Maturity Summary that can be used to reinforce organizational strengths and identify organizational challenges and as a springboard for strategic planning.
- The Organization can use the Performance Maturity Summary as a catalyst for planned change, as motivation for a sluggish board, or as an excellent document to share with funders to build the case for support.
CNM’s Organizational Assessment was developed based on accepted best practices in the nonprofit sector that experts deemed critical as success factors for high performing nonprofit organizations. The assessment makes it easy to collect, organize and evaluate critical information in fourteen major functional areas that nonprofit experts determined to be critical success factors for high performing organizations.
The Assessment Components:
- Online survey – An online survey will be sent to the organization’s board and staff
- Telephone Interviews – A phone interview will be conducted with the Board Chair and the CEO/Executive Director.
- Performance Maturity Summary© – The Performance Maturity Summary© is based on the responses to the online survey and represents an assessment of the organization’s current level of performance compared to promising practices in nonprofit management
- Custom Consultation – A consultant will review the organization assessment results with the CEO/Executive Director and Board Chair and assist in the prioritization of focus areas. (a two-hour one-on-one customized consultation)
- Capacity Building Knowledge and Tools – During the two hour customized consultation, the Executive Director and Board Chair will learn how to interpret their Performance Maturity Summary©, use the 14 Performance Maturity Models© and Best Practice Guide©, and how to use the Action Planning Template to develop action plans to address additional areas of need to build overall capacity to take their organization to the next level.