Outcomes-Based Program Evaluation Certificate
Designed to help nonprofits create outcomes-based program evaluation plans that improve results
Thanks to a generous sponsorship from The Rees-Jones Foundation, CNM is inviting organizations serving children and youth in Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, or Parker Counties to participate in this heavily subsidized Outcomes Certificate.
The Outcomes-Based Evaluation Certificate program is a series of six, 5-hour sessions that are designed to provide non-profit professionals with knowledge and skills to evaluate program processes and outcomes. Participants learn to formalize program logic with Theory of Change and Program Logic Models and process maps; develop indicators to measure success; design and use appropriate data collection methods; perform simple data analyses; communicate findings; and utilize the results to promote program improvement, innovation, and growth. Throughout the workshop series participants build a program evaluation framework for a single program and present a completed evaluation system during the last workshop session. Participants are expected to complete an additional 3 to 4 hours of pre-work or homework between each session.
The instructors have extensive training and experience with conducting evaluations and providing evaluation training and capacity building for non-profit organizations.
- Participants will understand the value and utility of a comprehensive program evaluation
- Participants will be able to develop and utilize Theory of Change and Program Logic Models, data collection plans and process maps
- Participants will recognize and be able to successfully implement the components of a program evaluation framework
- Participants will develop skills for simple program data analyses for communication, stakeholder reporting, and decision making
- Participants will complete a final project that incorporates all aspects of Outcomes-Based Program Evaluation
DATES AND LOCATIONS
Pick the cohort location that best works for your schedule. Sessions are 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
2017 – CNM Dallas Campus
2017 – CNM Fort Worth Campus
May 2, 16, 30