Down Syndrome Partnership of North Texas
Reports To: Managing Director Classification: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Mission: The Down Syndrome Partnership of North Texas (DSPNT) supports individuals with Down syndrome, their families and caregivers in achieving the universally desired goals of self-fulfillment, pride in one’s achievements, inclusion in the community and reaching one’s fullest potential through social and educational activities.
The Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative and event support to the DSPNT Managing Director and its board. The position will oversee community functions and volunteers, coordinate and execute programming for the organization, and participate in fundraising efforts for the partnership.
Direct & Related Responsibilities:
- Support DSPNT program committees and execute programming
- Maintain DSPNT Database
- Assist with preparation and execution of DSPNT social events
- Handle/direct phone calls, e-mails, USPS mail, deliveriesVolunteer Management
- Recruit volunteers for events/projects
- Maintain communication and correspondence
- Create and send out thank you letters after events and projects.
- Maintain Volunteer DatabaseEvents• Support DSPNT’s events, preparation, day-of and follow-up duties • Support other fundraising efforts
• Maintain donor correspondence
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to commit to 40 hours per week. Ability to work a flexible schedule, extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed for special events.
- Previous administrative experience in a professional office environment required.
- Strong computer skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel & Outlook; proficiency with basic desktop computing and publishing; familiarity with copiers, scanners, postage meters and websites. Experience with Mac a plus.
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven effective interpersonal skills.
- Position necessitates professionalism, confidentiality, and reliability.
- Must able to work well independently, and in large or small teams.Preferred Skills:
- Experience in a non-profit office environment a plus.
- College degree.
- Experience working with individuals with Down syndrome.
- Event experience.The Down Syndrome Partnership of North Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com