The Assessor’s primary responsibility is to conduct assessments of Dallas Afterschool partner programs using the Afterschool Quality Advancement (AQuA) assessment tool and our safety checklist. During assessments, the Assessor will note where programs excel and the critical issues impacting quality. To complete assessments, the assessor must observe programs, interview program staff and leaders, collect and review documents, and examine additional evidence of program quality. The Assessor will meet weekly with assigned Quality Advisor (QA) to give programmatic updates.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assessing quality at Dallas Afterschool supported sites at varying intervals throughout the Program Quality Initiative process.
- Communicating clear, accurate, and useful feedback to QAs to assist them in the coaching process.
- Working with partner sites to implement required safety procedures.
- Representing Dallas Afterschool and its initiative to stakeholders and interested parties, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of best practices in afterschool programming.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Effective interviewing skills.
- Ability to deliver clear and accurate feedback.Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of CRM software like Salesforce.com a plus, but will train.
- Availability during the hours afterschool programs operate, typically 3 – 6 pm Monday – Thursday; remainder of hours will be training and paperwork
- Reliable transportation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as staff or supervisor of afterschool / summer programs, program evaluator or equivalent classroom experience
- Hourly rate of $20.00 - $25.00 depending on experience
- Anticipate 20 hours per week from August – May
- Mileage will be reimbursed at the current IRS rate