Position Summary: Plans, coordinates, and administers one or more specific areas of ongoing or special project funding programs, such as individual gifts, in-kind donations, direct mail campaigns, and special events by performing the following duties personally or through committees, volunteers or development staff.
- In co-ordination with the VP of development, provides leadership, guidance, support, training and supervision to the development staff.
- Directly supervises the Development Manager, Database Specialist, Major Gifts Manager and Development Associate.
- Leads and implements a major event by recruiting chairs and committee members, entertainment, and fully plan details, and sponsorships and underwriting.
- Designs, implements, and manages a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate, foundation and personal relationships obtaining monetary support for The Family Place’s operations and strategic planning initiatives.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards relationships with corporations, foundations, and private donors; conducts related research to determine funding interest and donation potential.
- Develops profiles on the top businesses with a documented plan to secure their involvement; completes company goal setting worksheets and prioritizes companies by their potential.
- Engages and maintains professional relationships with donors, grant funders, key program constituents and auxiliaries to maintain involvement.
- Provides oversight and direction to the grant identification process including preparation of well-developed responses to secure operating and strategic planning funding.
- Oversees major donors prospecting and categorization in order to maximize major donor gifts.
- Manages and provides support to The Family Place Partners Auxiliary group.
- Provides guidance and support in the areas of other special events, community awareness events, volunteer recruitment and training, event logistics, year-round planning, cultivation, and sponsorship.
- Assists the VP of development in preparation of budgets, statistical reports, proposals, board presentations, other materials as required.
- Prepares prospect lists, work plans, and monthly achievement reports for submission to the VP of Development and the board of Directors.
- Acts as organizational representative for local community events.
- Attends weekly department staff meetings, on-going agency meetings and trainings, as necessary.
Full time benefits and generous PTO. Forward cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com. Deadline to apply: August 4th, 4:00 pm