Chief Operations Officer
Education is Freedom - Dallas, TX
Education is Freedom (EIF) (www.educationisfreedom.com), a college and career access program, is looking for a Chief Operations Officer to manage the day-to-day operations of the organization and build partnership relationships. We are looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in scaling an organization, leading an executive management team, and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. We are centrally located in Dallas, our staff is super friendly, and we have a flexible work environment. We look forward to having you join the team!
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: EIF Staff (indirect supervision of Fund Development team), Interns, Volunteers, and Consultants
- Work collaboratively with the CEO to create and implement the strategic plan
- Coordinate the annual operations plan and budget
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with key stakeholders at the school campus and district levels.
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization
- Manage EIF executive staff; Provide guidance and support to the Board of Director’s committees as appropriate
- Remain current on research, legislation, and ethical practices pertaining to education
- Direct, plan, and coordinate the work of the staff, including supervision and evaluation, training, and team building
- Participate in staff meetings, community events, and other activities that contribute to strengthening the deep roots within our community
- A minimum of 5 years of direct operations experience with a results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation.
- Experienced in strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, information systems, human resources, fundraising, and marketing
- High level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; problem solving, project management; and creative resourcefulness
- Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, develop a top-notch workforce, and support the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Experience working with communities of color and grassroots organizations
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Must be able to pass a background check, as required by local school districts
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary based on experience with an organizational performance incentive structure
- Full-time, exempt position
- Accrued PTO, organizational holidays, compensatory days, and a flexible family-friendly schedule
- Medical insurance
Hiring process and timeline
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. In mid June, we will conduct phone and in-person interviews. We plan to select the final candidate by late July.
EIF is an equal opportunity employer.
***To apply please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org