We have an exciting opportunity at CityScape East Grand Preparatory for communications professional interested in serving a mission to helps students from diverse backgrounds strive to be college bound. The Communications Coordinator will plan, coordinate and implement comprehensive strategies to increase engagement and elevate public awareness to CityScape’s key constituencies: students/families, alumni, community supporters, funders, prospective funders, and Board members. The Communications Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Development while partnering with cross-functional teams both internally. This position is responsible for coordinating organization-wide design, message, and content generation, including electronic and print communications. One of the most crucial tasks of the coordinator will be the creation and ongoing management of an organization-wide communications calendar. The coordinator is also responsible for creating and managing budgets related to publications and communications.
Founded in 1999, CityScape is a charter school system that works in partnership with families in order to provide a distinctive environment of educational opportunity for all children and young people in the community to become to become well prepared, lifelong learners possessing character, knowledge, and wisdom to succeed, lead, and contribute to the community and their fellow man.
- Manage creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications for education, development, and administration purposes (such as bi-annual newsletter, annual report, course brochures, and exhibition and event postcards).
- Manage creation and selection of photography for print and electronic communications.
- Support the development and execution of identity and collateral materials for major organizational initiatives.
- Create and coordinate production schedules and maintain ongoing relationships with graphic designers, mail houses, printers, and photographers.
- Evaluate and negotiate vendor contracts including photographers.
- Collaboratively manage and coordinate creation and update of web-content; responsible for content-related protocols to keep web site up-to-date.
- Work with technology and education staffs to ensure ongoing improvement of website, including phased updates and redesigns.
- Implement e-communications for donors and general public.
- Provide organization-wide e-communications support; manage fundraising database.
- Lead CityScape Schools' efforts to remain up-to-date and effective in electronic communications through convening regular meetings and conversations.
- Pioneer CityScape Schools' social media participation, taking organization from a sporadic Facebook participant to an active and innovative presence on established and new social media outlets.
- Actively monitor CityScape Schools' online reputation.
- Conduct media relations program for selected events or activities.
- Write and distribute press releases.
- Pitch the local and national media to secure media placement.
- Maintain media archives.
- An important component of CityScape Schools' brand awareness efforts is an earned income initiative utilizing student-designed products. The Communications Coordinator will participate in strategizing and executing this initiative.
- Coordinate the evaluation of potential external partnership opportunities.
- As needed, perform additional tasks to support the effective operation of a nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, English/journalism, or a related communications field.
- 1 - 2 years of marketing, communications, media or public relations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated interest in the visual arts and youth education.
- Familiarity Windows and Mac operating systems, HTML, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and experience managing websites.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once.
- Experience with database (particularly fund raising) software.
- Results driven individual with a highly collaborative work style.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to create and sustain strong working relationships and accountability with cross-functional teams, donors, program participants and staff.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Ability to conduct, research, gather data, analyze information and prepare effective, accurate, and timely communications.
- A strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and attention to detail.
- The ability to adapt quickly to, plan for, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, integrity and passion for the mission.
- Valid driver’s license required along with ability to travel within the Dallas Metro Area.
CityScape Preparatory School is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Some weekend hours and limited travel may be required. The position offers benefits and compensation based on experience. This position description is not intended to be all inclusive. CityScape reserves the right to revise or change job duties, as needed. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and three professional references to recruiter, Tawnia Wise, at email@example.com. Call with questions: 972-697-9422.