Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development, the Development Coordinator is an agency Problem Solver. Broadly speaking he or she has responsibility for supporting the development team and maintaining all fundraising records, database functions and correspondence with donors via Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge.
Problem Solvers are the foundation of the agency. They efficiently handle a mountain of critical and required tasks. Problem Solvers are empowered to solve problems. They make sure important details do not slip through the cracks, are incredibly well organized, make the agency look professional and ensure excellent audits, among many other things they facilitate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities…
He or she must have/be:
- Some college or equivalent experience required
- Verifiable minimum experience of two years as administrator or advanced operator of Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge Database, formal training is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a collaborative work environment
- Detailed-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and The Raiser’s Edge or equivalent
- Knowledge and acceptance of the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public
Position is full-time (40 hours a week) and works Monday through Friday. Office hours are flexible. Evening and weekend work is required. It is an exempt position. Conditions and benefits are contained in the board approved Employee Handbook.
Trinity Habitat expects you to succeed in your actions and outcomes according to…
- Core Values
- Employee Handbook
- Strategic Plan
- Operations Manual
- Job Description
- Job Goals & Metrics
- Facilitate and support primary agency programs.
- Provide calm, confident, and positive leadership to the entire organization.
- Disseminate information readily to stake holders as appropriate.
- Submit accurate reports according to deadlines.
- When confronted with things with which you question, disagree, or have a concern, speak directly with those involved.
- Ensure that your area, office, and/or building is clean, organized, safe, and in compliance with all codes.
- Comply with grant requirements accordingly.
- Cross train with fellow staff to ensure a steady flow of business despite absences.
- Assist Senior Director of Development and development team with ensuring that the annual fundraising goals for both operating and house building budgets are met.
- Administers, maintains and operates The Raiser's Edge Database to optimize the use of its functionalities to support all agency resource development, marketing, cultivation and constituent relations goals. Includes all software products under the Raiser’s Edge umbrella, creation and maintenance of systems in those programs, data input/export, reports, updates and personnel training and support with The Raiser’s Edge.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive operating policies and procedures for gift and constituent management within the database to ensure the accuracy and quality of all donor information and to preserve data integrity and long term donor relations.
- Processes online contributions and electronic funds transfers on a routine basis.
- Generates donor acknowledgement letters and gift receipts for cash and in-kind contributions to the organization. Ensures that all such correspondence is issued in a timely manner and includes appropriate tax information.
- Cooperates in the transfer and verification of donated cash, checks, and other securities related to the fundraising projects and initiatives of the agency in coordination with members of the accounting department.
- Manages and tracks all activities surrounding constituent contact, involvement, proposals, campaigns, funds, appeals and events. Facilitates donor communications via mail, e-mail and website by providing appropriate mailing distribution lists.
- Creates queries and analytical custom reports that allow in-depth analysis of income trends, donor attrition, and similar statistics in order to assess the success of all fundraising projects and initiatives.
- Manages the accounts receivable process in conjunction with the development staff.
- Directly receives and records all donations, and builds and maintains pledge installment schedules.
- Ensures that all pledge payments due to the organization are current. Tracks constituents that are not up to date on their pledge payments and conducts follow up as required and/or communicates with appropriate staff solicitor. Prepares pledge reminders for all constituents that maintain a pledge balance.
- Organizes and maintains all constituent related event information such as registration forms, guest lists, seating assignments, etc. Manages registration at all special events with excellent customer service.
- Performs advanced administrative tasks in support of all fundraising and donor development efforts, including the BUILDSTRONG Lunches, Sponsorship Packets and other duties from time to time as specified.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Development/Public Relations or the Executive Director.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Pleasant speaking voice and articulation.
- Availability to work on Saturdays and evenings as necessary.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and operational vehicle.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a positive, fun working environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by email ONLY to: Lydia.Traina@TrinityHabitat.org.
No phone calls please.