Works in concert with the Educational First Steps Development Dallas/Ft. Worth Team to support all aspects of the development department in their duties to financially support and communicate the mission and programs of Educational First Steps. Reports to the Senior Development Director.
- Collaborates with the Development team, participating in short and long term departmental planning initiatives including annual budget preparation, setting annual targets and goals, monthly and annual metrics, tracking and reporting, and preparation of annual strategic plan that includes timelines, and resources required.
- Participates in grant writing to new and existing funders
- Develops and oversees grant calendar for the entire development department including helping to identify and researching potential funding sources matching the agency’s program goals and priorities with grant opportunities.
- Directly responsible for donor data base management including but not limited to: data entry, record keeping, reports, donor acknowledgments, and monthly donation reconciliations with the finance department.
- In collaboration with the development team, develops, designs and coordinates communications including: website, ebalsts, e-newsletters, social media.
- Oversees a communications/stewardship touch calendar for the entire Development including helping to identify and implement unique communications efforts to enhance relationship building with donors and potential donors. Manage special projects/ "mini‐campaigns" aimed at communicating specific issues to different audiences and agency stakeholders.
- Plans and oversees volunteer projects and activities in collaboration with the program department and our partner centers.
- Develops job duties and oversees all department interns at various times of the year
- Assists with event management and record keeping including: the annual One Childhood One Chance Luncheons in both Dallas and Ft. Worth, corporate volunteer days, lunch and learns, center tours and others as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university, and 2 years of experience in fundraising/donor relations
- Experience using and maintaining CRM donor management software
- Superior written and verbal communications skills with proven writing and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively, balance and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, familiarity with budgets, and ability to maintain accurate records
- Computer literacy including competency with Microsoft Office, Excel InDesign, Publisher, and Constant Contact
Send cover and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please