The Director of Community Engagement is responsible is responsible for all community engagement strategies, community activities, advertising, public relations, media relations and all communications both internally and externally. Team player who follows the strategic direction of VNA as set by the Board of Directors and senior leadership. A leader in helping the agency grow support and brand awareness via community engagement.
- Candidate encouraged to submit writing samples, advertising/creative samples and digital engagement samples to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, advertising, or related field a preference.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing people in a department required.
- Five (5) years’ experience in overseeing, or directing marketing communications, including media relations required.
- Must have general understanding of fundraising, donor cultivation, and volunteer management as well as a thorough understanding of etiquette and protocol.
- Candidate must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to deal appropriately with confidential matters.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office and website and social media administration.
- Use and have an understanding of the Raisers Edge donor software.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License required
- Proof of valid Texas Automobile Liability Insurance required.
Please send resume and portfolio in #1 above to Mitch@vnatexas.org.