Director of Finance
Full-Time, 12 Months
Reports to Chief Operating Officer/Chief Finance Officer
The Director of Finance is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Business Office and managing the school’s compliance with laws, regulations, and best practice surrounding the financial responsibilities of the school. This position supervises a staff of seven.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Budgeting – Assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting process, including gathering and analyzing data from peer schools, working with budget managers on estimates and forecasts, and updating the multi-year financial model for the school.
- Financial Reporting – Timely and consistent financial reporting, including internal monthly reporting, NAIS-ISAS-INDEX reporting, annual audit preparation, and annual 990-T preparation. Assist in staffing the Audit and Risk Management Committee and the Finance Committee.
- Financial Consulting to Revenue Generating Areas – Work with staff of these areas (extended day, child development center, summer programs, facility rental, tennis center, campus store, and cafeteria) on budgeting, financial forecasting, pricing, and inventory management.
- Internal Controls and Best Practices – Create and implement policies, procedures, and practices to ensure the Business Office is operating efficiently, effectively, and with the appropriate internal controls.
- Treasury Management – Manage the investment accounts and treasury function for the school. Assist in staffing the Investment Committee. Assist the student Business Society as it relates to their investment account.
- CPA License required
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Ten years work experience required, preferably in a not-for-profit environment