The SPCA of Texas is dedicated to providing every animal exceptional care and a loving home. Recognized as a top Dallas nonprofit organization, the SPCA of Texas is the leading animal wellbeing agency in North Texas with two shelters and three spay/neuter clinics located in Dallas and McKinney, and serves as an active resource center providing an array of programs and services that bring people and animals together to enrich each other’s lives.
The Donor Relations Coordinator cultivates and stewards annual fund donors of all levels through giving clubs, Habitat sponsorships, donor recognition events and personal acknowledgements. Through consistent touch points, the coordinator will become very familiar with individuals within the annual fund and be able to make recommendations for major gift prospects to appropriate Development team members. This positon works closely with the Annual Funds Manager and Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator.
- Process all donor acknowledgements and thank you letters on a daily basis
- Process and arrange car donations and follow up letters when cars sell
- Download and process online credit card gifts
- Respond to and resolve donor inquiries
- Oversee giving clubs and monthly donor stewardship, corresponding with donors by email, phone and/or in person
- Call donors to thank them for their gifts and/or send out handwritten thank you cards to select donors and record all interactions with donors in the database
- Provide Board and Leadership with weekly assignments for contacting and thanking donors and following up to ensure contact was made and then recording notes into database
- Oversee Habitat sponsorships, including arranging sponsorship sign installation, sponsorship renewals and sponsor stewardship
- Oversee Memorial/Tribute program, including mailing tribute cards, arranging memorial brick ordering and installation and other recognition special requests
- Plan, organize and implement donor recognition events (i.e., breakfasts, lunches, etc.)
- Invite prospects for tours, attending with Leadership member to make notes for follow up or leading tours
- Update all acknowledgement correspondence on a monthly basis
- Identifies prospects within annual fund donors for major gift cultivation and solicitation
- Serve as back up for gift processing, helping out when necessary to process gifts and data entry as needed
- Order supplies necessary to complete responsibilities
- Outgoing, social personality, not afraid to reach out and talk with donors in a pleasant manner
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers, volunteers, board members, and the general public.
- Personal characteristics such as friendly attitude, good judgment, honest, tactfulness and initiative are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work well under pressure with a highly diverse task load with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must be self-starting and highly organized and motivated.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong experience with printing and mailing equipment
- Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships by utilizing personal characteristics such as honesty, tactfulness, friendly attitude and good judgment
- Ability to type 55 wpm
Required professional licensing or certifications:
- Texas driver's license
- High School diploma
- College Degree preferred
- Any Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge certification/s [Fundamentals, Professional, or Master] a big plus
The SPCA of Texas offers a competitive salary, a fun-filled work environment and strong corporate benefits package including a 100% paid health care premium for the employee.Please visit our website for a full job description, www.spca.org. Send letter/resume: email@example.com or 2400 Lone Star Drive, Dallas, Texas 75212.