The Events and Education Manager oversees, coordinates and implements the Susan G. Komen Greater Fort Worth events and education program. Duties include, but are not limited to, oversight of Race for the Cure committees and Race chairs, budget management and accountability, Race site logistics, team and sponsorship development and year-round Race promotion. The Events and Education Manager is also responsible for other events for the Affiliate including Kick up Your Heels for the Cure, third party events including Stock Show Goes Pink. The Events and Education Manager is also responsible for overseeing all elements of the community grants program, supervision of mission program volunteers, and monitoring the community grants program outcomes and impact.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years paid event experience
- Experience in fund development including event planning, corporate sponsorship and volunteer committee management
- Personable, detail oriented, organized
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to develop good working relationships with volunteers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, email, internet and database systems
- Available to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as needed.