The Events Coordinator assists in all event planning, coordination and logistics for the Dallas Zoo and the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park. Event Coordinators will be designated to focus on either donor/member/fundraising or public events.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all logistics for assigned Zoo events (e.g. membership events, stewardship events, President’s Circle events, cultivation events, public events, etc.). Includes arranging event space; food and beverage; supplies and audiovisual equipment; event signage and ensures all logistics are properly performed. Works closely with Guest Services and an animal teams when applicable.
- Works with members of the Advancement team to develop appropriate invitation lists for donor/member/fundraising events. Work to ensure accuracy of event info being entered into the database.
- Works with Events Manager to develop event themes, activity ideas, production timelines, etc. Also works with volunteer leadership for designated events.
- Prepares nametags, materials, registration lists and other event materials in coordination with Advancement Services for donor/member/fundraising events.
- Assist the Events Manager in event logistics for Zoo To Do, the Zoo’s annual fundraising gala.
- Coordinates the annual Zoo To Do silent auction and live auction fulfillment post event.
- Supports the Events Manager.
- Manages and tracks assigned event budgets.
- Manages on-site production to ensure smooth execution of the event, including trouble shooting and clean up. Oversees internal and external work crews before, during and after events. Provides necessary documentation regarding event set-up to the appropriate entities.
- Works with external vendors for rentals, lighting, power, etc. needs.
- Ensures event information is captured in the database in coordination with Advancement Services.
- Proposes new ideas to improve all events, including planning and implementation recommendations.
- Serves as an “ambassador” of the Zoo by coordinating and conducting special tours for donors/members and other VIPs.
- Supports the efforts of the greater Advancement team.
- Serves as administrative support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One to three years of professional or volunteer event coordination experience.
- B.A., B.S. or equivalent required.
- Personable presence and demeanor with the desire to engage in personal contact with the external community, including volunteers, donor prospects, and members.
- Outstanding commitment to customer service.
- Strong attention to detail with an outstanding ability to multi-task
- Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy in working with volunteer leadership and donors.
- Creative thinker with a willingness to seek innovative ideas.
- Initiates and has the ability to work independently.
- Strong team player.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and utilize Raiser’s Edge software.
- Organized, energetic, flexible, detail-oriented and computer proficient.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Dallas Zoo.
- Regularly works irregular hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Routinely runs errands off-site; must have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing, and/or pulling of objects/materials of light weight (15-25 pounds). Some climbing on ladders or over obstacles may be required. Tasks may also involve significant periods of standing or walking outside during events and photo shoots, as well as during event set-up or break-down times.
- Tasks may also involve significant periods of standing or walking outside during events themselves, as well as during event set-up and break-down times.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license (to operate Zoo vehicles) with reliable transportation
HOW TO APPLY:
Click here to apply