The Executive Assistant role exists to help facilitate the Executive Team by providing support functions to the President of HOPE FOR THE HEART and her team, while exhibiting a servant’s heart and attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• Administrative: Meets with President regularly to review scheduling for the President, coordinates meetings, and assists with reports and budgets. Responsible for managing the communication flow between President’s office, Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Directors.
• Communication: Provides regular and thorough communication to all departments as directed by President, attends meetings on behalf of the President, ensures communication loops are closed, while tracking open items.
• Donor and Partner Relations: Helps the President manage active communications with key donors and partners of Hope for the Heart, and suggests ways to continually improve.
• Correspondence: Drafts letters and correspondence for review and edits by the President both internally and externally; records meeting minutes for the HFTH Board meetings, and assists the President in keeping the corporate documents organized, updated, and current.
• Organization: Maintains thorough records of communications, projects, staff leadership, strategic plans, budget and Board activities. Takes great care to be detail-focused in every area of communication; phone, written, digital and other.
• Major Donors: Perform administrative tasks in support of major donor development efforts and other duties, on occasion, as specified.
Bi-Annual Board Meetings:
• Lead Organizer of bi-annual HFTH Board Meetings, communicating with Board of Directors and making arrangements and preparations.
• Coordinates with each department on documentation to prepare for Boards Members.
• Responsible for arranging catering for meals & snacks during Board Meetings.
• Attends the meeting and takes Meeting Minutes. Responsible for providing Board Members with accurate account of Minutes and other correspondence as requested by President.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or minimum of (10) ten years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Qualifications & Experience:
• Word – Advanced (Tables, Track Changes, Mail Merge, Master Document)
• Outlook – Advanced (scheduling meetings, delegation, shared calendars/contacts)
• Excel – Intermediate (rows, columns, formatting, headers, basic formulas)
• Visio – Intermediate (maintain existing space plans, adding, moving, creating objects to scale)
• PowerPoint, Project – Able to use these tools at an intermediate level.
• Ability to effectively present information orally and in writing to management.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints such as media, attorneys, regulatory agencies or law enforcement.
• Able to keep confidentialities and trusted with important organizational and personnel matters.
Character/Spiritual Qualities: Possess a desire to actively minister to others within and outside the ministry; whether they are vendors, constituents, partners or volunteers. As such, each team member is called to actively impact others with Biblical principles for Christian living through sharing in prayer, scripture references, Biblical illustrations, and personal testimony.
To discover more about our ministry, please visit our website and review our Statement of Faith, at www.HopeForTheHeart.org.
To Apply for This Position:
Please email your resume and cover letter to