Living for Zachary (L4Z) is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Executive Director with a competitive drive. The Executive Director is responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, and management of fund development, meeting fundraising goals, community outreach, and general administration.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the advancement of L4Z’s mission, vision, and values. Direct operations to meet or exceed qualitative and quantitative goals for revenue, public support, donor and volunteer cultivation, community outreach, marketing and public relations.
- Provide strategic direction and management of staff in corporate fundraising and event execution.
- Participate and serve as L4Z representative at community and corporate functions that provide networking and visibility opportunities to generate new business contacts.
- The net fundraising responsibility for this position is approximately $1.5M. Dollars will be raised through L4Z events, grants, and private donors.
- Identifies, cultivates and stewards development of major individual donors, corporate partners, foundations, and public relations partnerships and opportunities.
- Ability to attract, develop, retain, motivate and lead staff, volunteers and Board members while maintaining a high level of performance.
- Recruit volunteers for the Board of Directors and event leadership committees. Engage volunteers in fundraising and L4Z mission.
- Ability to work in close partnership with an engaged Board to lead the organization toward a shared vision and new directions in response to changing needs and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain reports for Board of Directors, Leadership teams, and Investors.
- Provide and facilitate annual reports and acknowledgments to investors and donors across the organization.
- Develop, implement and manage fundraising strategies per the annual development plan; including budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and implement a fundraising volunteer recruitment plan to ensure adequate volunteer resources for all fundraising activities.
- Evaluate giving trends of donors and evaluate potential upgrading.
- Work under remote supervision with latitude for independent judgment and decision-making within prescribed areas of authority.
- Understanding and commitment to L4Z’s mission, vision, and values.
- Exceptional communication skills including writing, speaking and meeting facilitation.
- Experience in fund development including event planning, corporate sponsorship, and volunteer committee management.
- Demonstrated efforts to cultivate major donors, secure large corporate sponsorships ($25,000 or more), and identify and secure foundation gifts.
- Experience with fundraising platforms, Greater Giving and Blackbaud is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in fundraising/development.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, email, Internet and database systems.
- Ability to lift at least 20lb from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodations.
In addition, candidates will need to:
- Work occasional nights and weekends as needed to support Board and community events.
- Pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Jessica Cook at email@example.com
To learn more about Living for Zachary visit: www.livingforzachary.org