Reports To: Manager of Homeowner Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Homeowner Services
Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity
Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity engages community partners, empowers low-income families to be successful homeowners, and transforms long forgotten neighborhoods through its revitalization efforts. Since 1986, Dallas Habitat has served over 1,600 low-income families using affordable homeownership as an anchor for hope, change, and stabilization resulting in an investment of approximately $140 million in more than 25 neighborhoods.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Homeowner Services, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Homeowner Services team by providing superior customer service and follow up to clients and applicants, and assisting staff with data entry, file management and coordination of the program’s education component. This position is full-time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to client inquiries and request for information in a timely fashion.
- Create, maintain and update client files within the Intake phase in CMS.
- Prepare, coordinate and update department collateral as needed.
- Process Homebuyer’s Club payments and other fees for service.
- Assist in coordination of Homebuyer Education workshops, Pre-Purchase classes, Orientation sessions and outreach events, as needed.
- Assist Homebuyer Specialist with the collection, scanning and filing of documents, as well as client communication.
- Responsible for tracking weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics.
- Assist Project Lead with document preparation and client communication, as needed.
- Attend staff/department meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma and 1-2 years of nonprofit experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of the homeownership process. Understanding and acceptance of the Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity mission.
- Demonstrated skills necessary to obtain, review and analyze consumer financial information, including income and debt calculation, credit review and affordability analysis.
- Culturally competent, including ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a Client Management System, preferably CounselorMax. Knowledge of VolunteerHub a plus.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, as well as ability to multi-task, problem-solve and prioritize in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with internal and external clientele.
- Self-motivated, with an ability and dedication to learn new skills quickly, exhibit flexibility, and complete training/continuing education, as required.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, positive attitude, reliability and integrity. Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be Bilingual in English and Spanish. Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in both English and Spanish.
- Must have consistent and reliable transportation to and from office.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and Saturdays.
- Willing to travel occasionally for trainings, as required (1-2 times per year).
- Ability to both sit at a desk on a computer, and stand, for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and carry items up to 15 pounds.
Applicants for employment will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law in any employment-related decision.