East-West Employee Culture
Our Team Members are passionate about Jesus, Grace, Bold Action and taking the gospel to the Spiritually Darkest Places. We have one consuming passion—to make God known among every nation, every tribe, every tongue, and every people. We are desperate to reach them with the radical message of God’s love and grace and understand our own unique role in this whether it be on the field or in the home office serving in Human Resources Department.
We strive to uphold standards of behavior which include integrity, trust, theologically aligned, and healthy work/life balance, care for others, servant spirit, competent in difficult conversations, results oriented, diligent, respectful and humble.
The HR Generalist (HRG) will provide professional human resources leadership and expertise while handling the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office. The HRG carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training and development, performance management, policy and procedures implementation, onboarding, offboarding, employee transitions, compensation and benefits, and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
The successful HRG will have a high attention to detail, be knowledgeable and have the ability to improve and streamline current processes. Flexibility, focus, and the ability to re-prioritize tasks are crucial to the success of this position. The HRG will also be a servant leader that promotes a high-performance and healthy culture within the department and throughout the organization. The HRG will empower strong supervision and accountability for each member of the East-West team while demonstrating the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion.
The HRG will oversee, direct and carry out Human Resource activities by relying on Biblical principles, experience and judgment to accomplish our ministry goals.
- Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required, preferably with a major in Human Resources
- 3-5 years Human Resources experience
- Experience with reputable HRIS vender, preferred
- Basic accounting processes knowledge, preferred
- Maintenance of continuing education of human resource discipline and compliance issues
- PHR, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility, focus, and a strong work ethic are essential
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including proficiency in evaluating and prioritizing issues
- Ability to take initiative within scope of job duties
- Ability to be respectful and discerning of confidentiality and privacy, and to execute decisions or directions with confidence
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Office and Outlook and other standard office software
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Flexibility to quickly respond to changing situations in order to meet business needs, reprioritizing work as necessary
- Ability to assess and implement improvements
- Willingness to "pitch-in" to serve all personnel
- Ability to be attentive to the business needs of others as well as needs of the mission
We are also hiring a Payroll and Benefits Administrator! Check out our website for more information.