PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Major Gift Officer is a self-motivated, confident and experienced fundraiser responsible for the cultivation, tracking and solicitation of requests for major gifts of $10,000+ for the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to NTFB’s annual fundraising goal of $17.9MM by managing an increasingly productive portfolio of approximately 120 major donor households with ongoing success.
- Work with NTFB’s faith-based entities with emphasis on North Texas “Mega Churches” to increase annual funds and volunteerism.
- Create, execute and track moves management strategy for all major donors in assigned donor portfolio via Blackbaud CRM.
- Work with Individual, Corporate, and Foundation Giving, Philanthropy Operations and Marketing teams to identify and implement strategies for donor research, identification, prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Provide personal acknowledgement for major donor gifts, working with Philanthropy Operations and other Development team members to ensure timely and appropriate thank you letters, calls, and outreach.
- Work with Philanthropy and Marketing staff on special donor events including but not limited to major donor events, special marketing events, planned giving events and other donor-specific events. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Maintain positive, active relationships with staff and donors to ensure ongoing support of the North Texas Food Bank and the clients it serves.
- Participate in at least (2) NTFB Service Saturday and (2) NTFB Member Agency volunteer opportunities during the course of the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors degree. Three or more years of experience in non-profit donor management desired, including knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, be team oriented, and demonstrate strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to take initiative and be self-motivated. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is a must. Reliable transportation is also required.