The Major Gifts and Grants Officer is a full-time position in the Catholic Pro-Life Committee's Development Department working out of the CPLC central office near Spring Valley and Midway in North Dallas. The Major Gifts and Grants Officer serves to secure funds for the organization by identifying, cultivating, and managing a portfolio of qualified donors. Additionally, the MGGO will manage all grant funding applications for foundation and corporate giving beginning with prospect identification through application and project reporting as required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in major gifts fundraising with a track record of building relationships
- Ability to communicate professionally and persuasively
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Clear, concise writing skills reflecting full command of English language and grammar
- Prior experience in grant research and/or writing strongly preferred
- Ability to work effectively on a team, with initiative to problem solve and prioritize
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proficiency in reporting and data management and Microsoft Office software
- Willingness to travel, locally, and attend occasional evening and weekend events
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with Sr. Development Officer, identify and qualify a group of high-net worth donors – individual, foundation and corporate.
- Develop goals and strategies for said portfolio of donors based on working knowledge of giving history and giving capacity.
- Create and execute plans to solicit, cultivate, retain and /or upgrade each donor in portfolio and identify opportunities for donor appreciation.
- Develop major donor and grant management process to expand donor pipeline and upgrade mid-level donors.
- Research available grants, collect project information from Department and Ministry Directors, write proposals for funds, and follow up as appropriate.
- Assist Administrative Team in ensuring that grant funding and directed gifts are used in accordance with dictates of donor.
- Collect and manage data to inform and create reports for internal tracking of portfolio performance as well as external reporting and status updates to donors.
- Perform other major donor / grant activities as may be required
Please note: All applicants for jobs with the Catholic Pro-Life Committee must accept the teachings of the Catholic Church, particularly those concerning life issues; demonstrate an ability and desire to support the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Committee; maintain active membership in a parish / faith community, be in good standing with the Church and comply with the Diocese’s Safe Environment Program.