Facility Methodist Health System
Where You're Needed
Oversees the coordination and implementation of specific projects of the Foundation that contribute to ensuring that the organization meets its financial goals. Raise philanthropic dollars and support the needs of the Foundation and further the Methodist Health System mission. Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Bachelor's Degree or similar experience
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience as in fundraising, project coordination or project management.
• Expert skill level using mail merges (required), MS Office suite - MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, Raiser's Edge, Hubspot
• Must have excellent written communication skills.
• Must have excellent vocabulary skills and a demonstrated ability in English and grammar.
• Demonstrated ability for a very high activity level in the field, strong initiative, and self-motivation.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with hospital staff, donors, volunteers, and the public.
• Ability to initiate programmatic activities independently, organize/set priorities, and complete work in a timely manner despite deadlines and competing requirements.
• Ability and willingness to be a team player and to adapt to changing priorities.
• High level of technology literacy to support advanced web-based research and publishing
• High level of technology skill set to manage electronic database and use electronic communication tools to communicate with donors and prospects.
• Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Able to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions.
Related Work Experience and Other Skills
1. Administrative: Supports the administrative functions and activities within the Foundation, specifically the VP and Director of Foundations and Corporate Giving, including but not limited to writing and editing support materials for a variety of projects, such as Foundation marketing material, donor correspondence, memos, minutes, letters, reports, grant request materials. Coordinates site visits and tours and other meetings.
a. Office support: answers the phone for the Foundation and answer the phone for VP, manage dining and conference room calendars, order and stock supplies,
b. VP: Coordinate VP's calendar and schedule, meeting prep, responsible for monthly mileage and expense reports for VP, other reports.
c. Meetings: scheduling, PPT presentations, set up, prepares agenda, script writing, research material, copies, takes minutes, catering and arranges conference calls.
d. Mailings: coordinates and manages mailings, ordering necessary supplies, preparing lists, mail merge, metering and preparing bulk mail.
Donors Development and Management: Manage a portfolio of donors $5K and under. Participate in the identification, education, cultivation, and stewardship of fundraisers, donors, and participants.
Fundraising Campaigns: Responsible for marketing (creation of webpages, social media, mailer pieces, marketing materials, etc.) and execution of fundraising campaigns including but not limited to North Texas Giving Day, Giving Tuesday, Doctor's Day, etc.
PR/Marketing: Foundation liaison with MHS PR/Marketing team. Responsible for managing projects for the Foundation that require production from PR/Marketing team. Ability to assess healthcare industry and Foundation best practices, synthesize information and assist with developing MHS Foundation PR/Marketing action plan. Attend weekly PR/Marketing meetings and share notes with the Foundation staff.
Social Media: Responsible for creation, calendaring and oversight of all social media for the Foundation.
Content writer: Writes and/or manages the creation of written material for the Foundation.
Website Creation/Additional Web Functionality: Responsible for the creation of and maintenance of Foundation website. Researches and stays apprised of healthcare, non-profit foundation and competitor best practices, synthesize information, assist in developing plan of action, writes content, implements and creates online web presence for Methodist Health System Foundation. Maintains site content weekly and edits/creates graphics for use online. Develops online giving function for all Foundation giving programs. For example: Folsom, annual fund, campaigns, North Texas Giving Day, etc.
Prospect research: Support research function, including organizing and tracking requests, conducting primary research on individual donors, corporations and foundations, documenting and organizing research and disseminating results. Ability to perform needs assessments, data interpretation and assist in determining action plan.
Special Events: Responsibilities include but not limited to assistance with planning and execution of all special events for the Foundation such as the Robert S. Folsom Leadership Award; donor interaction and follow up; coordination with event vendors. Responsibilities include (but not limited to) creation of invitations, PowerPoint presentations, and event organization. Post-event responsibilities include printing and distribution of Folsom photos to key donors and creation of keepsake book and video copies for Folsom recipient.
Where You Will SHINE
Methodist Health System believes its greatest asset is the team members in our organization that values and encourages diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization. These are our guiding principles:
To improve and save lives through compassionate quality health care.
Vision for the Future
To be the trusted provider of integrated quality health care in North Texas.
Methodist Health System core values reflect our historic commitment to Christian concepts of life and learning:
Servant Heart - compassionately putting others first
Hospitality - offering a welcoming and caring environment
Innovation - courageous creativity and commitment to quality
Noble - unwavering honesty and integrity
Enthusiasm - celebration of individual and team accomplishment
Skillful - dedicated to learning and excellence
Where You Are Valued
We know that employees who are happy, healthy, and fulfilled take better care of patients. We also know that caring for our employees as individuals makes us a better organization. Our benefits include:
- Medical plan choices
- Pharmacy coverage
- Dental and vision plans
- AD&D insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Extended illness benefits
- Wellness program
- Weight management, tobacco cessation, and prenatal programs
- Basic and volunteer life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans with matched contributions
- Leave of absence
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Employee discounts
- And more.