ARE YOU READY TO JOIN AN ORGANIZATION WHERE YOU CAN MAKE AN EXTRAORDINARY IMPACT EVERY DAY?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Corporate Development Director in our most successful division in the SouthWest Affiliate office in Dallas, Texas. You will have fundraising responsibilities for the largest Go Red for Women campaign in the country by bringing together corporate partners, medical leaders, community leaders, and volunteers of the Dallas community to raise awareness of heart disease and stroke. The fundraising goal for the Go Red for Women campaign is $2M and the individual net fundraising goal of this position is $800k.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTCOMES:
A successful candidate will:
- Generate revenue through managing staff and volunteers for the Go Red for Women movement; including a new initiative: STEM Goes Red
- In coordination with the Associate Director, execute event logistics for the Dallas Go Red for Women Luncheon and a year-round calendar of auxiliary events
- Build relationships to generate new business and cultivate existing companies.
- Manage small team to achieve their personal campaign fundraising goals
- Develop and deepen relationships with volunteers, sponsors, and key corporate & community leaders.
- Expand our reach into the philanthropic community of individuals to raise funds and awareness.
- Network within the local area, to help recruit and retain our valued volunteers.
- Innovate methods to increase fundraising with a sensitivity to our vertically aligned organization.
- Accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management, proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Organization, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Candidates must be results driven with the ability to multi task.
- Travel daily within the assigned territory (Dallas Metroplex) up to 75% per week
HERE ARE SOME OF THE EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO REVIEWING IN YOUR RESUME:
- Must have at least 3 - 5 years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity.
- Prior management experience is preferred.
- Repeated success at closing five and six figure gifts.
- Proven corporate/individual relationship development leading to increased giving.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or CFRE (not required).
- Able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 21 years old or older.
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office used for word processing, email, presentations,and spreadsheets. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
AT AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION | AMERICAN STROKE ASSOCIATION, DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY APPLIES TO BOTH OUR WORKFORCE AND THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE AS IT RELATES TO HEART HEALTH AND STROKE PREVENTION.