The Financial Services Staff Accountant is responsible for providing professional accounting work and support and expertise in payroll administration, execution, compliance and data management.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for a variety of overall monthly accounting processes. These duties include monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations, budget process support, financial reporting and analysis, analyzing and inputting account reconciliations from the field as well as other sources, and basic accounting services for back office support and any other accounting duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager. In addition, the Staff Accountant will collaborate and provide support for various HR functions related to the semi-monthly, quarterly and annual payroll processes including but not limited to 401k funding, employee onboarding, insurance billing and reconciliation, and payroll policies and procedures. The Staff Accountant will apply knowledge of payroll and accounting procedures, including general ledger postings. The Staff Accountant will be bottom line responsible for on-time, error free semi-monthly payroll processing. The Staff Accountant will provide backup support for assigned functions during the absence of the Accounting Manager.
As an ambassador of faith in Christ and rooted in Biblical principles, the Staff Accountant will actively minister to EW leadership, staff, partners and the community in a manner that exhibits Christ-character through personal and corporate spiritual disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Business or Accounting, preferred
- Two years of payroll experience
- Experience with a reputable payroll vendor, preferred
- Knowledge of multi-state unemployment and multi-state income tax, preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures, including general ledger, preferred
- Flexibility, focus, and a strong work ethic are essential
- Excellent administrative skills and strong attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to handle sensitive situations with confidentiality, poise, and tact
- Ability to think critically and resourcefully
- Ability to assess, improve and/or streamline processes to increase efficiency within the department
- Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
All East-West Ministries International employees will:
- Maintain a firm commitment to East-West’s vision, mission, values, Statement of Faith and beliefs
- Display a growing and mature faith in Jesus Christ