VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR - PART TIME (24 hrs./week) - DALLAS
Recruits, selects, trains, places and provides ongoing supervision of volunteers for Community Hospice of Texas.
- Provide ongoing community education on Community Hospice of Texas, volunteer opportunities and other community education initiatives.
- Train all new volunteers on the approved Volunteer Training Curriculum, and screen volunteer applicants for appropriate placements.
- Manage volunteer records, both paper and electronic records.
- Organize volunteer recognition and appreciation events annually.
- Educate clinical staff on the role of the volunteers and appropriate referrals.
- Provide ongoing supervision and evaluation for volunteers.
- Comply with all Community Hospice policies, procedures and personnel policies, including those specifically addressing disaster preparedness and response.
- Build strong relationships with volunteers and community members to continually grow the volunteer program.
- Assist in the coordination of the grief care program through volunteer support, phone calls and event planning.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) preferred.
Experience: 2 plus years experience recruiting, training and leading volunteers.
Strongly Prefer: Experience presenting educational material to small and large groups of people; Knowledgeable of local volunteer recruiting and sourcing opportunities/venues; Candidates must reside within the service area of the office.
To apply for this position please visit our website and apply online.